NESTLÉ PURINA PETCARE
DOG CHOW VISIBLE IMPACT AWARD CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY SUBMITTING A PHOTO IN THIS CONTEST, THE ENTRANT HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE PHOTO MAY APPEAR ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AND/OR BE USED IN ANY FUTURE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: Individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico may nominate an Eligible Personal Service Dog (defined below) and their veteran (a “the Nominee”) in the 2023 Purina Dog Chow Visible Impact Award Contest (the “Contest”). To be eligible, each personal service dog must: (i) have been trained by a 501(c)(3) service dog organization at no cost to the veteran; (ii) be currently paired with a veteran of the U.S. military; (iii) be specifically trained to help alleviate PTSD symptoms; and (iv) perform one or more skills to improve their veteran’s quality of life (“Eligible Personal Service Dog”) (each, a “Nominee”). PLEASE NOTE that the Nominee is the person who may be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, and not the Nominator. A Nominator may nominate themselves as the Nominee. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Employees of Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, PO Box 1326, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18703 (the “Sponsor”), Brandmovers, Inc., 519 Carroll Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30318 (“Administrator”) (collectively with Sponsor the “Released Parties”), and any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
The Contest consists of the following three (3) time periods and deadlines:
- The entry period begins on June 1, 2023 at 12:00:01 AM CT (Central Time) and ends June 30, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM CT (the “Contest Entry Period”).
- The finalist judging period runs from July 1, 2023 through July 5, 2023 (“Finalist Judging Period”).
- The popular voting period begins at 12:00:00 AM CT on September 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on October 13, 2023 (“Popular Voting Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, Nominators can visit purina.com/dog-chow/service-dogs-for-veterans (“Website”) during the Contest Entry Period (defined in Official Rule #2(a) above) to find, complete and submit the online nomination form, including answering the short answer questions on the form, and uploading a photo of the Eligible Personal Service Dog (you may also submit an optional photo of the Eligible Personal Service Dog with their veteran and/or a video of the Eligible Personal Service Dog and their veteran) (collectively, the “Submission”). All Submissions must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT on June 30, 2023 to be eligible for the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any technical issue relating to the Submission, including any issues with uploading the Photo. Limit one (1) entry per person during the entire Contest Entry Period. In addition to the Submission Entry Requirements and Submission Content Restrictions, all Photos submitted must abide by the following Guidelines:
- The required photo submission in the Submission must include the one Eligible Personal PTSD Service Dog AND the service dog’s veteran owner.
- The Eligible Personal PTSD Service Dog must be wearing a service dog vest in the photo.
- Photo may not depict the Eligible Personal PTSD Service Dog in an unsafe situation.
- No filters or editing/retouching may be done to the photo.
- Any veteran appearing in the photo(s) or video must be dressed appropriately.
- The optional video, if submitted in the Submission, may not exceed twenty seconds (:20).
- Submission Entry Requirements: Entrants agree to and understand that Submissions will be made available to the public, including without limitation, posting on the Internet and may appear in Sponsor’s advertising and marketing materials. Whether or not Submissions are published on the Internet, Sponsor does not covenant or guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Submissions.
- The Submission must not have been submitted previously in any Contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- Each Submission must be an original creation of the submitting entrant which is under no restriction, contractual or otherwise, that will prevent Sponsor’s use of the Submission and each Submission must be free of any and all liens, encumbrances and claims of third parties. Entrant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that nothing in the Submission infringes on any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks belonging to any person or entity other than the Submission absent a suitable license, clearance or permission agreement (proof of which is required upon submission), or violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary releases and permissions have been secured. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by entrant of these Official Rules or the warranties and representations made by entrant in this paragraph. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as the entrant’s original creation.
- By uploading the Submission, the Nominator agrees, for zero compensation, to grant to Sponsor all intellectual property rights in the Submission and each of its constituent parts, which rights include, without limitation, the Sponsor’s right to publish, make available to the public and/or reproduce the Submission through any media available at any time during, or after, the Contest Period on any related websites, in any promotional materials, whether related or unrelated to the Contest, and at any other location, whether physical or online, that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate and necessary for the operation and promotion of this Contest. In addition, entrant warrants that any so called “moral rights” in the Submission have been waived and entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may use any ideas from any Submission or other submitted materials, whether or not entrant has been awarded a prize in connection with any such Submission or other materials. Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective owners, employees, directors, officers, agents, and subcontractors from all claims, demands, and causes of action of any nature whatsoever which entrant or entrant’s heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on entrant’s behalf or on behalf of entrant’s estate, have or may have by reason of: (i) Sponsor’s exercise of any rights granted by entrant in this paragraph; (ii) claims based on violation of any right of publicity or rights of personality, infringement of copyright or trademark, libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, loss of earnings or potential earnings in connection with Sponsor’s use of the Photo entry and any portion thereof, or the likeness of any natural person therein.
- Entrants are responsible for securing necessary permissions, talent and location releases, and licenses for any visual material contained in the Submissions.
- Submission Content Restrictions
Submissions must not contain material that:
- Contains or depicts someone smoking or intoxicated;
- Violates or infringes another’s rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Contains material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contains any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or displays any commercial/corporate advertising other than that of Sponsor (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, trademarks, slogans, political, personal and religious statements);
- Contains indecent or unsafe behavior or situations, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, or is otherwise inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous;
- References persons without their written permission;
- Disparages any persons or organizations;
- Includes threats to any person, place, business, or group;
- Is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
Failure of any Submission to comply with the above Photo Guidelines, Submission Entry Requirements, and Submission Content Restrictions, as determined by Sponsor or Administrator, in their sole discretion, may result in disqualification of Nominator and the Nominee they are nominating. Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, its products or services, the Contest or any other person or entity, does not comply with these Official Rules or if Sponsor or Administrator receive a notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein. All Submissions shall become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in sole determination of Sponsor.
- Judging Criteria & Popular Voting
- Judging Criteria: During the Finalist Judging Period, all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Entry Period will be judged by an independent judging panel using the following judging criteria and percentages: (i) Eligible Personal PTSD Service Dog’s skill implementation abilities (25%); (ii) Demonstrable impact the Eligible Personal PTSD Service Dog has on its veteran (25%); (iii) Richness and detail included in the short answer portion of the Submission (25%); and (iv) Richness of visual assets submitted in the Submission (25%). The top five (5) highest scoring Submissions will be deemed Finalists. In the event of a tie, the Submission with the highest score in the richness and detail included in the short answer portion of the Submission criteria will be deemed the winning Finalist from among all tying Submissions. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than five (5) Finalists in the event that there are not a sufficient amount of entries received during the Contest Entry Period. Each Finalist will be notified by Sponsor or Administrator on or about July 5, 2023, to confirm eligibility and coordinate a location for the photoshoot which will take place no later than 7/26. In the event Sponsor or Administrator is unable to reach the potential Finalist after two (2) attempts, and/or after 48 hours from the first notification, that potential Finalist will forfeit their right to be a Finalist at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and the next highest scoring Submission will be deemed the alternate Finalist.
- Popular Voting: The five (5) Finalist’s Submissions will each be posted on the Website during the Popular Voting Period where members of the general public can visit the Website and vote for their favorite Submission through the voting mechanism on the Website. All votes must be cast by 11:59:59 PM CT on September 30, 2023, to be counted as a vote. The top scoring Submission that receives the most votes during the Popular Voting Period will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, the Finalist who scored the highest during the Finalist Judging Period will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner from among all tying Finalists. There is one vote per person allowed during the Contest Period. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. No one may offer to sell votes (or offer to be paid, whether in currency, in kind or other form of compensation, for votes). The use of automated or third-party software or Website to participate in the Popular Voting Period is prohibited. Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any votes cast or entries associated with such votes in violation of the above restrictions. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by Sponsor or Administrator no later than November 1, 2023. In the event Sponsor or Administrator is unable to reach the potential Grand Prize Winner after two (2) attempts, and/or after 48 hours from the first notification, that potential Grand Prize Winner will forfeit their right to be the Grand Prize Winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and the Finalist that received the second most votes during the Popular Voting Period will be deemed the alternate Grand Prize Winner.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Values (ARVs)
- One (1) ) Grand Prize: A check for $10,000.00 in Grand Prize Winner’s name; and a check for $25,000 to be awarded to the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization listed in the Grand Prize winning Submission where the winning Eligible Personal PTSD Service Dog came from; Total ARV of the Grand Prize: $35,000 (PLEASE NOTE: Grand Prize Winner will not be taxed on the $25,000.00 donation to the 501(c)(3) non-profit company portion of the Grand Prize.)
- Four (4) First Prizes: $1000.00 check made out to the winning Finalist. ARV: $1,000.00 each.
Prizes are non-transferrable and not substitutable. Sponsor may substitute the prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. Prize winners will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release and a W9 tax form (collectively “Prize Releases”) prior to issuance of a Prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities for all winners.
- Claiming the Prize: In order to collect a Prize, the potential Prize winners will be required to verify their mailing address to Sponsor, and provide the Prize Releases to Sponsor or Administrator, within fourteen (14) days of being notified they are a winner. Upon receipt of the Prize Release and W9, Sponsor or Administrator will mail the Prize to that winner. In the event the potential winner fails to verify their address or provide any required documents within the timeframe provided by Sponsor, he or she will forfeit his or her right to the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, damaged, stolen or mutilated mailing of any prize. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to Use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Contest and/or entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made pandemic or epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of Winners or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Ohio under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Ohio state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall follow Ohio law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Ohio, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Released Parties shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Ohio. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Ohio; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
- Contest Winners: For the Contest Winners’ names (available after November 1, 2023), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List – Purina Dog Chow Visible Impact Award Contest Winners, 519 Carroll Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30318.
- Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules see www.dogchowveterans.com/rules during the Contest Period or send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules – Purina Dog Chow Visible Impact Award Contest Rules, Brandmovers, Inc., 519 Carroll Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30318.
- Sponsor: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, PO Box 1326, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18703. Administrator: Brandmovers, Inc., 519 Carroll Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30318.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Individuals who are legal residents of the 50 US, DC or PR may nominate an Eligible Personal PTSD Service Dog (see rules for definition) and their veteran in the Dog Chow Visible Impact Award Contest from 6/1/2023 at 12:00:01 AM CT through 6/30/2023 at 11:59:59 PM CT. Subject to official rules at dogchowveterans.com/rules. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, PO Box 1326, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18703.